WHAT IS APK MANAGER?
Apk Manager is an Android developer tool for reverse engineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android applications. It can be used to decode resources to almost primary form and recreate them after desired changes are implemented; it lets you to debug smali code in very simple and easy steps. Also it helps you to work with application quit comprehensively because of project-like files structure and automation of different repetitive hectic tasks like apk building.
Apk Manager does not appreciate piracy and other illegal usage. Apk Manager could be used for localizing, altering or adding features, & help to customize platforms and other Genuine Android developers’ needs. Apk Manager encourage all the Android developers to be just with the proprietors of android applications, that you intend to modify with the help of apk manager.
APK MANAGER FEATURES
- decoding android resources to nearly original form (including resources.arsc, XMLs and 9.png files) and rebuilding them
- Android smali debugging
- helping with some repetitive tasks for Android developers
APK MANAGER Requirements
- JRE 1.6 (Java Runtime Environment)
- aapt command in a PATH
- basic knowledge of what is Android SDK, aapt, PATH, smali & Google search engine may be useful
How to Install APK Manager
- Mac OS X:
- See FrameworkFiles
- For windows user, go to the directory where you unpacked apk-manager files and apktool and click on script.bat.
- Open terminal/command line and type “apktool <enter>“. Then you should see usage help.
- Usage is as easy as using your Android phone. For windows user, just run script.bat and you will see the command line with multiple options. See the images below to have an idea:
To start with decompling an apk, just put your desired apk to the sub-directory “place-apk-here-for-modding” created in APKTOOL directory. Now as you can see “Please make your decision” at the end of the 2nd image, to extract an apk just select that apk by entering the #25 and then enter the relevant option number (1 for example in this case). It will extract the apk in projects sub-directory within you APKTOOL directory. Now you are good to go to make your desired customizations and then to recompile, just select option #25 and then select your desired apk to recompile and then options 11 and 12 respectively to get your modified signed apk.
Need Help? Leave a comment.